SHORT CUTS June 14 - 16
CALL OUT FOR SUBMISSIONS
STRUT Dance will present its annual Short Cuts season of new short contemporary dance works from Thursday 14 – Saturday 16 June in Studio 3 at the King Street Arts Centre (KSAC).
Rehearsals can begin from Monday 14 May at KSAC and run until Sunday 10 June. Production week will begin Monday 11 June, with a production schedule to be circulated once the program is finalised.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) must be in the form of a written proposal of no more than 300 words including:
1. Title of the work
2. Choreographer/Director's name/s
3. Dancers/performers names (please ensure that all cast members are committed to and available for the performances before including them in your proposal)
4. Duration of work (minimum 5 minutes, maximum 15 minutes)
5. Collaborator credits if applicable: music, lighting, costume, film/video artist, etc
6. Concept for the work
7. Motivation for the work- why do you want to make this work now?
NB - First time applicants to Short Cuts must also provide video footage of previous work with their proposal in the form of a link to YouTube, Vimeo or similar.
Applications will be assessed by a small panel of artists and industry peers. The panel will be looking for an original and intriguing concept, with a considered approach to the work that will be presented. A maximum of 14 works will be included in the program.
Expressions of interest must be emailed to email@example.com by midnight Thursday 12 April
All applicants will be notified of the outcomes by Friday 27 April
Please read and refer to all the application materials and eligibilty below